“No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)”
12-inch Dance single
- NBD 20199 (12-inch LP on Casablanca Records)
About the LP
- Format: Vinyl, 12"
- Country: US
- Released: October 1979
- Arranged By: Greg Mathieson
- Arranged By, Mixed By: Harold Faltermeyer
- Mixed By: Giorgio Moroder
- Producers: Charles Koppelman , Gary Klein
- Notes: Special One-sided record. From the Donna Summer album On The Radio - Greatest Hits Vol. I & II (NBLP-2-7191) and Wet (FC 36258)
- Tracks: “No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)” (11:40)
For Streisand completists, please note that there are several versions of “(No More Tears) Enough Is Enough” ...
- Wet album version (8:19 minutes)
- Single #1-11125 version (4:39 minutes)
- 12-inch one-sided disco single # NBD 20199 on Casablanca Records (11:40 extended dance mix)
- 11:40 mix on Donna Summer—On The Radio: Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & 2
- 11:40 mix on Donna Summer: the Dance Collection
The 7" and the 12" Enough is Enough releases were certified Gold by the RIAA in early 1980. The 7" single was certified Platinum (sales of two million US copies). The single spent two weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 U.S. singles chart . On the disco chart, it went to number one for four weeks (November 24, December 1, December 8, and December 15).
Billboard Hot 100 for the week ending December 1, 1979 (they also charted #1 on the November 24, 1979 chart). Scan by Peter Curl.
Album Cover Outtakes
Streisand requested that Francesco Scavullo (Classical Barbra, A Star is Born, and The Main Event) photograph the record cover for her duet with Donna Summer. It was Scavullo's assistant, Sean Byrnes, who suggested that Streisand and Summer pose in corsets.