Barbra Archives is on Social Media!
Welcome to Barbra-Archives! Read my Tweets below. Major Streisand news follows my Tweets ....Tweets by @babsdude
February 1, 2017
- Streisand plans to reprise last year’s “The Music . . . The Mem’ries . . . The Magic!” tour with two special shows she is calling “The Encore” at Nassau Coliseum on May 4 and Barclays Center on May 6.
- Tickets for both shows will go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. EST Feb. 10 through Ticketmaster.
According to Ticketmaster:
- Feb. 06 at 10 a.m. EST — AMERICAN EXPRESS PRESALE
- Feb. 09 at 10 a.m. EST — INTERNET PRESALE * Use the password “ENCORE”
January 25, 2017
Barbra at LA Women's March
On Saturday, January 21, 2017 women and men marched peacefully in solidarity for the protection of their rights, their safety, their health, and their families — recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country. Marches held in more than 500 U.S. cities were attended by at least 3.3 million people. This event was possibly the largest demonstration in U.S. history.
California Democrat — Rep. Maxine Waters— told CNN “The crowd itself is the message,” she said. “Wherever (Trump) is, he's looking at this, he's witnessing this and he's got to know that something is being said here today about him, that he'd better know that he can't get away with doing some of the things that he said he's going to do.”
In Los Angeles, Barbra Streisand partipated in the march. Introduced by Rufus Wainwright, Barbra appeared on stage and made a speech. Barbra also posed for several “selfies” with her fellow marchers.
It was quite a happening.
I am proud that Barbra Streisand participated and spoke. She is, first, a citizen. And you can read her thoughts on the artist as citizen here.
Jason Working On Music
Barbra's son, Jason Gould [@JasonGouldMusic on Twitter, and Facebook too], is working on new music with Quincy Jones. He has been posting photos of himself and Q at work in the recording studio. I'll post more info when it's available, but it looks like a new recording from Jason will be out soon!
All About Barbra #81
Editor Lynne Pounder has revealed the cover of All About Barbra magazine issue #81. Check out the AAB site for more info. They will be posting links to order the magazine soon. Lynne says #81 will be out in February 2017.
Doc in L.A. for TCM
Los Angeles! Barbra's hilarious 1972 film, What's Up, Doc? will be screened during the Turner Classic Movies Classic Film Festival, held April 6-9, 2017.
Visit their site for more info. They have advertised that director Peter Bogdanovich will attend and speak.
Spring in Long Island
At Showbiz 411, Roger Friedman reported that Barbra Streisand will perform this Spring at the newly renovated Nassau Coliseum in Long Island, NY. There are no official dates or information yet ... stay tuned!
January 6, 2017
New Year — More Barbra
Happy New Year!!
Streisand at Grammy Museum
Last night, Barbra Streisand appeared in person at The GRAMMY Museum® at L.A. LIVE. Presented by American Express, A Conversation With Barbra Streisand was moderated by GRAMMY Museum Executive Director Bob Santelli.
Billboard published a great summary of what Streisand and Santelli discussed — you can read it here.
- On her drive: “It's a combination of confidence and enormous self doubt. You're always afraid that you're not good enough but you know you have the vision. You can see yourself doing it and you have to make it happen."
- Billboard says Barbra has turned to writing her memoir because “there's no money to continue making the films she so wants to make.”
- “It’s frustrating to make movies nowadays,” she said. “I can’t control it.”
- Barbra is looking back at 20 or so journals that she has kept going back 25 to 30 years.
- When recording, Barbra only likes to do a maximum of four vocal takes.
- Barbra says she has two more dates in New York in the calendar: one in Nassau County, the other around the TriBeCa Film Festival.
- Barbra wavered on any questions surrounding future tours.
- Regarding a new album: Barbra teased that her next one could be a solo record.
Barbra Streisand has been nominated for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album (Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway).
Other nominees in that category this year are:
Cinema — Andrea Bocelli
Fallen Angels — Bob Dylan
Stages Live — Josh Groban
Summertime: Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin — Willie Nelson
The Grammys air February 12, 2017.
Barbra hasn't won a Grammy for her recording work since 1987 (The Broadway Album) !! It seems like she is majorly overdue for this honor.
Billboard 2016 Year End Charts
Billboard has posted its 2016 year-end charts. The music industry magazine places Barbra's #1 album Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway at #127 for the year.
D.C. Streisand Concert
Streisand fans in Washington, D.C. .... The American Pops Orchestra presents “Don’t Rain on My Parade: 75 Years of Streisand” on January 13, 2017 at 8 PM at Lisner Auditorium. Fran Drescher (The Nanny) will host.
Legendary artist and ten-time Grammy winner Barbra Streisand marks her 75th birthday in 2017. Celebrating this iconic star and songs from Broadway to Pop and everything in between, this program demonstrates why the music of Barbra Streisand remains a centerpiece of the American Songbook and why, much like a milestone birthday and the artist herself, her music deserves great celebration. With a parade of special Broadway guests, including Amber Iman, Lindsay Mendez, Laura Osnes, and more!